Radar and Guided Wave Radar (GWR) Level Measurement
ABLE offer both radar and guided wave radar (GWR) level transmitters for level measurement, process control and tank gauging. Guided wave radar is also known as Time Domain Reflectometry (TDR).
Non Contact Radar Level Gauges
ABLE’s range of non contact microwave radar transmitters offer an easy to use and understand level measurement technique, providing a real alternative to existing technologies such as differential pressure transmitters or displacers.
ABLE's 3rd Generation radar level gauges offer the following benefits:-
• plics® platform for uniform design, feel and operation
• Selection is easier, for faster ordering and delivery
• Simple to set up, faster commissioning, saves you time and money
• Trend and data logging on an in-head display, PLICSCOM, for easy analysis
• Echo pictures in head offer performance evaluation without laptops
• Cost of purchase and ownership one of the lowest in its class.
Non contact radar gauges can be used for tank and vessel level measurement on almost any liquid and many solids whether in storage or during processing. Radar is unaffected by changes to product or process conditions including: temperature, pressure, density, conductivity, vapours or dust. As radar transmitters do not contact the measured liquid or solid, they are versatile and extremely reliable. All units have built in linearisation software to calculate the level versus shape and provide a direct output of volume on:
• Radar tank gauging in storage vessels
• Level measurement in processing vessels, reactors, blenders, scrubbers and mixers
• Hygienic radar systems for distillation and purified water vessels - even with water sprays
• Interfaces on some special applications/liquids
• Monitoring handling of high temperature molten products, inc metals, minerals and coke products
Radar level instruments are used across a wide range of industries including: Pharmaceutical, Oil and Gas, Food, Dairy, Steel, Beverage, Paper, Automotive, Aggregates, Water and Waste water and Marine.
Radar transmitters simply fit into your new or existing vessel or process either mounted from the top, sometimes the side or even on the outside through a glass window, plastic or GRP vessel.
• Very small blocking distances maximise your vessel capacity
• Installed or changed without emptying your tank
• Commissioned accurately on or off line without changing the level
• No moving parts means no drift or recalibration
• VEGA radar handles agitators and obstructions easily using VEGA’s ECHOFOX® software
• VEGA have unique, proven software with high sensitivity and wide dynamic range
• A “false echo” system capable of distinguishing unwanted static and moving reflections
• Experience in hundreds of thousands of applications on solids and liquids
• Proven reliability and a 3 year warranty
• Unique ABLE service, application advice and after sales service
ABLE also offer SIL 2 (IEC 61508/615011) conformance on radar gauges, this is a special evaluation for high integrity applications. Our gauges have been tested for reliability and performance for use on hazardous products or processes. The same radar transmitter can be used for high or low level switching and tank gauging or continuous level measurement.
A rod or cone antenna generates millions of very short 1 nano second microwave pulses every second. Each pulse is transmitted to and reflected from a product surface. The time period between transmission and reception of the signal at the speed of light is measured and calculated as a distance. This continuous stream of pulses gives real time level information updated and evaluated many times a second.